Increase sales through greater consumer convenience
“Pouches hit most of the big eating trends today. U.S. consumers continue to eat a lot in cars. People are snacking more instead of cooking meals. They want healthy, exciting food that still tastes good. Enter the pouch—consumed in seconds through a nozzle held in one hand.“
Source: Nassauer, Sarah. “The Push for Grown-Up ‘Squeezies'”. Wall Street Journal. Feb 12, 2013.
4-Advantages-Flexible_Section 4_Benefits Consumers and Manufacturers
Benefits of Flexible Packaging
- Easy to open, hold, use and reseal
- Prevent spillage
- Visual appeal
- Less environmental impact
- Better taste
- Longer shelf life
- Sturdy, compact, and lightweight
- Multiple options for size/portion
FOR FOOD MANUFACTURERS
- Cost savings in shipping, packaging materials costs, secondary packaging operations, and storage space.
- Branding – differentiate package printed design and package shape
- Customized to meet a wide range of barrier requirements
- Environmental impact – Less use of materials. Energy savings in production and transport.
- Custom sizes to target specific market segments
- Higher production speeds
Eagan, Tom. Flexible packaging flexes its muscles. Packaging Strategies, PMMI Corner. July 2015.
The Newest Trends in Flexible Packaging 2014 – MJS
Hanover Research July 2013
Efficiency & Sustainability